Brugge Travel Diary



Going back to one of my favourite European cities has to be one of my highlights of 2017, nothing is better than getting to visit this beautiful Belgium city and getting to show your family around the city famous for its chocolate and beer. We arrived in Brugge on Sunday after a 16 hour ferry journey from Hull to Debugger, Belgium. Although the ferry journey was rather bumpy as we had went through a storm but it was well worth it as we woke up in Belgium. We went straight from the boat to the city after checking into our hotel we headed straight out to explore. 

Upon arriving in the city famous for its chocolate and beer we did what any tourist would do and headed to the beer museum which my parents enjoyed more than I did however we then headed to the chocolate museum to learn about the history of chocolate but mainly to enjoy the free chocolate along the way. These museums are all a must see attraction when visiting Brugge, they are  both located off the square. 

We had visited the city before so we knew all the best spots and the places worth seeing- we walked the canals around the city and enjoyed a drink or two in our favourite bar which over looks the canal. Walking the canals had to be my favourite thing to do when visiting Brugge because you can get some amazing pictures of the beautiful buildings that date back to the 18th century. Scroll down to see all these beautiful shots I took.

On the evening we went to our favourite restaurant which is located in the main square it is an Italian restaurant called Hotel Central- we had food their when we visited in 2015 and we knew we had to go back again. It is defiantly the best Italian food in the city. 

On the Monday morning we had breakfast at a little patisserie near our hotel which I had been recommended on Instagram because they had a chocolate shop as well. After breakfast we headed to the shops which are located off the main square, we had a browse around them and I managed to pick up some new clothes which I will feature on here soon.  as well as buying clothes I had to buy my beloved macaroons and some Belgium chocolate which has all been eaten by the time I post this. 

Scroll down to see all the best pictures from a trip.





















































Comments

Popular Posts